Sunday, April 7, 2013

Candids from the Color Festival 2013

For those interested in what the Festival of Colors is, its an Indian celebration of Holi, which celebrates the transition of winter to spring, and apparently the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork holds the largest celebration in the Western Hemisphere every year. Attendees can buy bags of colored talcum powder which are thrown in the air every two hours, covering everyone in the powder's bright colors.

Here's a video of the celebration from 2011 if anyone is further interested:

My favorite teenager and her friends attended this year's festival held last weekend. I had no idea what this thing was, or that it was even going on, but I happened to have my camera with me when Kat and her friends arrived home after the festivities, which began an impromptu photo shoot.



























No comments:

Post a Comment