Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A Crafter's Work Is Never Done

Its a busy life, being a Crafty Girl...a fun and fulfilling life, but definitely busy.

So what fun things are going on here at Bluecreek?

Well, the idea of Bluecreek Creations really started with little crocheted bags with charms and beads. They were designed with the idea of hanging from your car's rearview mirror and in them you could tuck away little things that have meaning to you...a special pebble (yes, rocks are a big love of mine), a piece of sea glass, a feather....anything that can fit inside really.

I loved the idea of this little pouch, filled with little things that, in a way, sort of defined me...pieces of me anyway...I doubt there is a pouch in the world big enough to fit everything that has meaning to me, other than the body that I putter around in.

I had started with crocheting dice bags for my husband and I (yes, I play D&D and love it). I was bored and started crocheting a smaller bag, with no real goal in mind. The first bag turned out darling and I loved it so much that I started crocheting them up in different colors,  Then I thought about adding charms, and from there I started adding beads to the fringed cords.

More and more bags were being whipped up, and then it came to me...these were totem bags.

I wound up making around 15 of these before I decided that I needed to get a shop up and running where I could market these, and began on my Etsy shop.  I became distracted (as I easily do) with a cross stitch project and then I found myself working on cross stitch patterns and filling my shop with them.

But my totem bags!

I went to photograph them and put them online only to realize they had been put away somewhere when my husband and caregiver had straightened up...my totem bags are currently packed away somewhere no one knows and we have yet to find them!

Well, I did have 3 bags set aside in my knitting bag, so all is not lost. While we are looking for my lost bags, I have been crocheting up new ones...after all, its a fun project and it doesn't hurt to have more of them in my store's inventory!


Cute little things, aren't they? Now I just need to find my lost little darlings, take some lovely shots, showcasing their beautiful little selves and get them into my shop.

Wish me luck...either with whipping up new lovelies, or finding my little stash, wherever they are hiding.  Either way is fine by me, as I adore crocheting them!

Hope you are happy crafting wherever this finds you!

~Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment